- About COTA
Celebration of the Arts - COTA
"I have a dream, that musicians will be known in the Delaware Water Gap, like the trees are known. Something that is forever."
Phil Woods, Co-Founder
36th Annual Festival Poster
The Delaware Water Gap Celebration of the Arts (COTA) is now accepting concept sketches and/or poster submissions for the 36th Annual Jazz and Arts Festival, which will be held Friday, September 6, 2013 through Sunday, September 8, 2013. The poster requirements are as follows:
Ralph Hughes Dinner
Support the Ralph Hughes Scholarship
Purchase $5 Raffle Ticket
Enter to win this 30"x37" watercolor "Jazz in the Gap" donated by Holly Gravel, a gift to her late husband Robbie Rosenblum.
Ralph Hughes was a jazz musician based in the Poconos who passed away in 1997. An annual scholarship is awarded each year in his name to the COTA Cat student with the highest grade point average. The COTA Cats are a big band high school jazz ensemble that performs every September at the Celebration of the Arts (COTA) Jazz Festival in Delaware Water Gap.
The painting can be seen at Antelao Restaurant. Tickets may be purchased at Antelao Restaurant or the Deer Head Inn. Call 570-426-7226 for more information.
Winning ticket drawn at the Scholarship Dinner, Deer Head Inn, Tuesday May 21, 2013 (winner need not be present to win)
New Bob Dorough CD
With thanks and appreciation for a grant from the ESSA Foundation - this recording project is a benefit for COTAl.
ALL proceeds will benefit COTA, and most involved donated part or all of their time and talent to make this vision a reality.
The line up and their duet song:
• Heather Masse – Love Came On Stealthy Fingers
• Nellie McKay – I’m Hip
• Vickie Doney – Sunshine Morning
• JD Walter – I Got Just About Everything
• Grace Kelly – I’m Waiting for Someone
• Nancy Reed - There’s Never Been A Day
• Janis Siegel - Up Jumped a Bird with David Liebman
• Craig Kastelnick – Comin’ Home Baby
• Val Hawk - The Song of the Mourning Dove
• New York Voices – Devil May Care with Phil Woods
• Donna Antonow – Small Day Tomorrow
Please see BobDoroughDuets.com to see and hear more!
- 36th Annual Festival Poster
- Andy Leon Memorial Young Teacher Jazz Award Mentorship Program
- Ralph Hughes Dinner
- Support the Ralph Hughes Scholarship
- Deer Head Jazz Orchestra to present Jazz Composers Workshop
- DEER HEAD INN TO PRESENT 18 PIECE JAZZ ORCHESTRA SUNDAY - DECEMBER 30th, 2012 5-8PM
- WVIA BROADCASTS COTA FEST
- Sherrie Maricle Interview in Jazz inside
Confessions of a Sideman
"The luggage call was for 5 a.m., bus departure at 5:30, and we were going somewhere. I don't remember where, but I remember Pat Dorian. He was paying his hotel extras when I came down to the lobby. I said good morning and asked how he was. His reply was illuminating: 'I'm living the dream!' he said. Thanks to Pat and all the good men who helped to make my dream come true as well! I have always wanted to take a big band to Europe during the summer festival season. The following is Pat's superb view of this event." - Phil Woods
CELEBRATION! marks the first recording on which Phil Woods has led a big band of his own design. The members of the Festival Orchestra come from their native Eastern Pennsylvania environs to join their leader in a hard-driving testimonial to the fact that, in Phil's words: "Jazz is international, but it's also local." Augmented here by the members of Woods' quintet, it's also terrific...